This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Home UTM : Network segmentation changed

It's been a while since i've used my Sophos Home UTM. It was setup in a way I can bypass it.

Since then, I change my Internet Router, so was my home segmantation (I was 192.168.0/24, i'm now 192.168.51.0/24)

My issue, My home UTM was configured with static IP on the 192.168.0 segment.

How can I now access the  Admin Console ?

I have been able to acces the physcal console of the UTM, 

- tried to change the IP... it worked but still can't access the console

- I've had a static route on my router, I can now ping my 192.168.51.0 network with my UTM having the 192.168.0.11 IP, but still can't access the admin console on :4444 port

Can someone help me please ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

Is your setup 'ISP <--> ISP's router <--> UTM <--> Internal network' or ???

Cheers - Bob
    PS As a mod, I can see the IP from which a post originated.  The post above arrived from an anonymous proxy reached via protonvpn in California that's known for spam.  You might want to just post here directly in the future.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, 

about «Proton VPN» that was a mistake from me. My bad. I am disconnected from the VPN.

My setup is ISP <--> My Asus Router (192.168.51.1) <--> Internal Network (192.168.51.0/24) 

My UTM (192.168.1.11) with default gateway 192.168.1.1

• Hi Bob, 

about «Proton VPN» that was a mistake from me. My bad. I am disconnected from the VPN.

My setup is ISP <--> My Asus Router (192.168.51.1) <--> Internal Network (192.168.51.0/24) 

My UTM (192.168.1.11) with default gateway 192.168.1.1

Children
  • Salut,

You can connect a PC directly to the UTM and give the PC an IP in 192.168.1.0/24.  You should then be able to access WebAdmin and change the IP and subnet of the Interface.  It will warn you that you're about to be disconnected, but all you'll need to do is reset the IP on the PC.

In general, where possible, I recommend putting the router in bridge mode so that the UTM can have a public IP on its WAN interface.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA