This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG320 UTM 9 New ISP

Hi, 

We have recently changed ISP and get network speeds up to 1gbs up and down.  testing prior to configuring the UTM I was getting speeds of 945mbps down and 976mbps up. (connected directly into the ISP router)  

On the local network devices, we are only seeing a maximum of 94.12mbps.  I am not expecting to see 945mbps on the local network however I wanted to check to see if there is a setting I have missed to increase the speed on the WAN interface. 

I have already changed the total available uplink/downlink bandwidth under the QoS but not made any difference in the connection speed

BR,

CJ

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • nearly 100 MBit ... looks as you have autonegotiation disabled at one side.

If the interface speed is fixed, then always on both sides of the cable ...

If only one side is permanently set, auto-neg is deactivated there and nothing can be negotiated with the other side.

This then usually falls back to 100MBit / Half-Duplex. In addition to the 100MBit limitation, this also results in collisions, which disrupt the connections and cause additional bandwidth drops.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• nearly 100 MBit ... looks as you have autonegotiation disabled at one side.

If the interface speed is fixed, then always on both sides of the cable ...

If only one side is permanently set, auto-neg is deactivated there and nothing can be negotiated with the other side.

This then usually falls back to 100MBit / Half-Duplex. In addition to the 100MBit limitation, this also results in collisions, which disrupt the connections and cause additional bandwidth drops.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children
No Data