This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transparent mode

Hi All,

We are having this issue where users on our internal network are not able to join a webinar meeting, the transparent mode blocks this connection.

we can add our internal network to the transparant exclusion filter and that solves it, but is not the preferred solution.

Adding the webinar domain to the destination does not work, the destination has multiple different IP addresses, and adding the DNS *.domain.com unfortunately doesn't work either.

Does anyone have experienced this issue before and found a solution?

Best regards!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hoi and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please show us lines from the Web Filtering log when such traffic is blocked and tell us the FQDN to look for.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

Thank You and sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday I will let you know the result, I might be able to go to the office this week and will post the results here.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

• Hello Bob,

Unfortunately there seems to be no sign of any error in the webfiltering regarding this issue?

Any other idea where to search?

Best regards,

Jeffrey

• Is the Internal network still in the Transparent Mode Skiplist, Jeffrey?  That would be why there's no longer anything in the Web Filtering log file.  I would have expected to see lines containing 'statuscode="50' and that would indicate that an Exception for anti-virus scanning for the site might work.  If not, then skipping the Proxy is the only solution, but I would make it for the destination, probably using a DNS Group for the FQDN.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • No the internal network is not in the skiplist, if we do that, than the connection works to the webinar meeting.

We also tried to create a DNS group for webinar which we added to the destination skiplist, unfortunately that didn't work.

• Hoi Jeffrey,

What do you see in the Web Filtering log when the webinar is blocked?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA