This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archive maximum extraction size reached - How to adjust this size?

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi everybody,

when I am trying to download a *.iso file with ~2GB I am recieving this error: 

"The content could not be delivered due to the following condition: Archive maximum extraction size reached."

How I'am able to adjust this: "Archive Maximum extraction size"?

Thanks in advance - Meghan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rfcat_vk

This file is only an example to Show my problem.

I'd like to scan all files who pass the UTM.

So, is there a way to configure the "Archive Maximum extraction size"?

Regards

• Meghan, based on your pictures, try a test:

• With 16GB installed, note the number of GB downloaded before you get the error message.
    • Reduce RAM back to 8GB and run the test again.

What is the difference between the two numbers?  That should tell you how much RAM would be needed to scan this file.

I suspect you will decide to create a VM into which you load this file without scanning it.  You can then test inside the VM without endangering your setup.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Hi Bob,

the error appears with 8 and 16GB of RAM after the file is fully downloaded.

For ~5 sec. the UTM says "scanning" and than the error appears.

Any ideas?

Regards Meghan

• I don't recall ever seeing anything over 50MB scanned.  You might check other logs to see if there's some reason this message is triggered: Fallback messages, Kernel messages, Middleware, Selfmonitoring, Service monitor daemon and System messages.  Any luck there?

Really, I don't know the answer, Meghan, but my sense is that you've bumped up against a design maximum and that there's no solution to be found on the road you're following at present.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Ok, thank you for your lots of effort anyway!

• Hi Meghan,

I too suspect that the issue is associated with the RAM but as I know you have already increased the RAM to 16 GB, directs our investigation towards the configured Scan Engines. The workaround to this was using Sophos as scan engine and define scan mode to Single Scan.

Regarding the recursion depth in the UTM for Sophos and Avira, I need some time to get the answers from the Dev. Team. 

Thank You,

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to sachingurung

Hi,

Thank you for your help, please have a look at the maximum scan size of Avira too!

Regards Meghan