This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VLAN Trunking RED50

Hello,

I am crossposting from the german sub (community.sophos.com/.../vlan-trunking-mit-red50), hoping to find someone to help me out. I am currently running into the issue that I am not able to ping my RED50 after putting it into VLAN mode and setting my Cisco SG300 switch port that hooks up to the RED to trunk.

Without the VLAN trunking. the RED50 is up and running, connected to the internet, everything is working. I've followed this guide (https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000038272?language=en_US) and set up the Interface as an ethernet bridge as well as the VLANs on my UTM. The Cisco is configured with only one VLAN which has the ID 8 as to not run into issues with VLAN 1's ID in Wireless Protection. Now I'm setting my switch port connected to the RED to trunk and let it trunk untagged VLAN 8, while switching the RED50 to VLAN mode and having it trunk VLAN 8 untagged. My client is still connected to the VLAN 8 access port, but now I can't reach/ping my RED anymore from behind my switch. The RED is still connected to the internet.

Alternatively I've tagged the VLAN on both trunks, which changed nothing. I really don't know what could be the issue.

I've also set up firewall rules to and from my VLAN and RED network(s) with any any but once I try and trunk those VLANs, I can't ping my RED anymore. Any thoughts or recommendactions? Did I forget to share something crucial?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.