This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to set up SOPHOS AP behind a RED10 RED20 RED50 RED60 device.

After I set up a RED20, I plugged an AP into it, as I wanted to have an AP behind the RED20. I have it in Split-Tunnel Mode. The issue I had was that the AP would not show up in the list of new APs to authorize, on the UTM side. I read many many posts and no-one listed exactly how to do it.

Here is how I did it. 

First, you need your RED tunnel established. 

1) You set up your RED server client management setup...

2) You set up your RED Interface

3) You set up your RED Firewall rule to allow traffic from the RED side to the UTM.

Now that you have your Tunnel set up... This is what you need to do to make the APs check in with the UTM

1) You need to add 1.2.3.4 into the split tunnel section. Same place as you set up the "RED server client management setup...". This tells the RED device to send 1.2.3.4 across the tunnel. This one is fairly obvious.

2) You need to go into wireless protection, and global settings, and then add the LAN on the RED side, to the list of allowed interfaces to allow APs to check in from that site. This was not well documented, I couldn't find any articles to do this, and there were no logs I could find leading me to this. After I did these two steps, the APs showed up, waiting to be authorized.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.