This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VOIP Gateway behind RED. Outgoing Calls working - Incoming does not because "Register error"

Hi everyone,

we are trying to set up an IP to ISDN gateway in one of our branch offices that has a Standard/Split Configuration.

All internet traffic is routed through the RED out.
The gateway can initiate the connection but it cannot keep the registration up. After some time it deregisters (because of timeout maybe).

Is there any way i can check if there are packets dropped at the WAN interface of the RED?

Best regards

Stephan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Stephan,

I know of no way to see if packets are dropped after they leave the RED unless the traffic goes through the UTM. It sounds like maybe the incoming calls are going through the UTM and then to the RED.  The only solution I see is to add "Internet IPv4" to the tunnel, effectively making a Unified setup instead of Standard/Split.

The problem is that the calling device expects to receive a response from the IP of your "External (Address)" and so it "drops" the packets that come directly from the RED.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

was a wrong configuration of the SIP Box....

It is working now. Thanks for your help

Best regards

Stephan

Reply Children
No Data