This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 60 poor am unreliable perfomance

I have problems with my new RED 60.

I have updated to 9.703 at the UTM. Hopefully this was not a mistake. Only with this firmware the new RED 60 should run.

There remain connection failures, a ping breaks off and rebuilds itself, the important remote desktop, preferably with Radmin, works sometimes, sometimes not. On the computer of the remote network, sometimes a network drive can be established with the target server, sometimes not. Very frustrating.

The internet connection is above average for German standards. About the quality of the line I can say nothing.

I had to determine in the intenal remote network that pinging from a PC to the RED 60 needs 40ms and more. With other devices in the same network the runtime of a ping is less than 1 ms!

Hence my questions:

1. Is it normal that the ping PC to the RED 60 runs so long?
2. Are there any solutions to fix the unreliability of the Sophos system?

At the moment there is no home office available. My hardware upgrade from RED 15 to RED 60 is a step backwards.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Roth and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not sure what you mean by "a ping breaks off and rebuilds itself."  What are you pinging and please show us the ping results.

What are you seeing when you notice that "remote desktop, preferably with Radmin, works sometimes, sometimes not"?

Is the "remote network" the one behind the UTM, or are you accessing a device behind the UTM that considers the "remote network" to be the one behind the RED?

Where is the "target server" - behind the RED or the UTM?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Roth and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not sure what you mean by "a ping breaks off and rebuilds itself."  What are you pinging and please show us the ping results.

What are you seeing when you notice that "remote desktop, preferably with Radmin, works sometimes, sometimes not"?

Is the "remote network" the one behind the UTM, or are you accessing a device behind the UTM that considers the "remote network" to be the one behind the RED?

Where is the "target server" - behind the RED or the UTM?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data