This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Voip VLAN behind RED 15

Hello!

We are running UTM 210 on central location and RED 15 on remote locations. UTM Eth0 port is in bridge with RED devices. Recently we decide to start to use local Telco VoIP services.

They gave us their L2 switch with 2 VLANs predefined: 2629 for voice and XXX (I cannot recall now :)) for Internet. On our side we have created tagged VLAN 2629 on all switches on central location as well as on remote locations. On our core switch we have defined port 26 as VLAN 2629 untagged and connected it to Telco switch ("Voice" port).

Telco gave us just VLAN IDs - IP phones are using autoprovision and after we manually set VLAN they are getting IP addresses from Telco DHCP server as well as other settings.

On central location everything is working just fine - IP phones are getting IP addresses and other settings and they are working properly.

On remote locations IP phones cannot get IP address - so they are not working.

This is our layout:

What we did wrong?

Thank you in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Does the xg to red15 bridge support tagged traffic?  

If not 2 links from switches to the fw’s and ips on ports of fw in the subnets on those vlans.   I think.  

Does the remote side have ip interface for vlan 2629.  If so does it have the ip helper address to the dhcp server and know how to get there either by def gateway or ip route to central sw

Also I would move the link from telco to xg to a 2nd switch port - since tagged traffic - set port on sw as truck w native of 1 and allowed vlan 2629.  

I bet traffic on remote side def to central side sw.    moving link will fix prob.  

• Does the xg to red15 bridge support tagged traffic?  

If not 2 links from switches to the fw’s and ips on ports of fw in the subnets on those vlans.   I think.  

Does the remote side have ip interface for vlan 2629.  If so does it have the ip helper address to the dhcp server and know how to get there either by def gateway or ip route to central sw

Also I would move the link from telco to xg to a 2nd switch port - since tagged traffic - set port on sw as truck w native of 1 and allowed vlan 2629.  

I bet traffic on remote side def to central side sw.    moving link will fix prob.  

Children
No Data