This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos, Logitech Media Server and SqueezeLite

Hi guys,

I'm running Sophos UTM on a APU2C4 board with an inbuild Compex WLE600VX WLAN access point. My internal network is a bridge between the RJ45 connector at the APU board and the WLAN Access Point. The WLAN network is bridged into the AP LAN, which is the internal network. All further devices are connected to that internal Network.

On my Windows Server2012R2 the Logitech Media Server is installed. This is connected via a cable to the UTM. In my kitchen there is a Max2Play squeezelite player which is connected to the inbuild WLAN AccessPoint. 

From my Laptop I can reach web GUIs of Logitech Media Server and the Max2Play GUI of the player in the kitchen.

BUT: Player and Logitech Media Server don't find each other. This is usually done with autodiscovery, but it just doesn't work.

I tried firewall rules allowing all multicast adresses and all ports within the internal network. 

Any ideas how this issue could be solved? 

The UTM is doing only firewalling at the moment, no IPS, no webfiltering etc.

Regards

Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Ummm. Is the firewall log showing anything being blocked for:

9000 TCP is used for the Web interface and streaming to Squeezebox players.
    9000 UDP is not used for anything.
    3483 TCP is the control channel for Squeezebox (display, IR, etc.)
    3483 UDP is used for SB->SlimServer discovery, and all control and streaming to the old SLIMP3 players.

My house if full of these devices. Had them for years and love them! I'm listening to one now. Shame they are discontinued. Thanks goodness for the Rasp Pi

• Ummm. Is the firewall log showing anything being blocked for:

9000 TCP is used for the Web interface and streaming to Squeezebox players.
    9000 UDP is not used for anything.
    3483 TCP is the control channel for Squeezebox (display, IR, etc.)
    3483 UDP is used for SB->SlimServer discovery, and all control and streaming to the old SLIMP3 players.

My house if full of these devices. Had them for years and love them! I'm listening to one now. Shame they are discontinued. Thanks goodness for the Rasp Pi

Children
  • Hi Louis,

sorry for my delayed response. 

I checked the logs and allowed all that traffic. An additional firewall rule was necessary for that. Using the "log traffic" function I was able to see, that the traffic went through the firewall. 

The problem is, that the destination IP address is a multicast address. This makes routing the connection a lot more difficult. Additionally, the behaviour ot the bridge is not clear to me. So I generated a second WLAN which I bound to a new virtual NIC. Now I hope to see more in the logs that I can use to further debug the problem and if necessary, I could start routing multicast connection attempts. Maybe this works.

Regards

Tim