This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPS cut down my internet speed

Hi all,

I am now using Sophos SG310 firewall with  1Gb internet speed connection. The speed is not bad (around 7xx Mbps in speedtest) with services on (Firewall, Web Filtering, POP3 Proxy, Application Control, AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Anti Spyware, ATP). However, when I turned on the IPS, the speed is dropped to 2xx-3xx Mbps.  

Is it possible to make it run faster when IPS on ? since the spec of this model is  1.2Gbps of IPS throughput. 

Thanks a lot.

Cato

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Try customizing your Attack Patterns on your IPS configuration, depending on your LAN hosts and their requirements. Since you have not said what services your running on your LAN or what IPS settings you have enabled (6 Tabs on IPS page) we have every little to go on.

Regards Simon

Sophos XG 17.5.1 MR-1 | Dell 7010 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.70GHz | 8GB Memory
    Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | 1x Intel 82574L / 2x 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

• Try customizing your Attack Patterns on your IPS configuration, depending on your LAN hosts and their requirements. Since you have not said what services your running on your LAN or what IPS settings you have enabled (6 Tabs on IPS page) we have every little to go on.

Regards Simon

Sophos XG 17.5.1 MR-1 | Dell 7010 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.70GHz | 8GB Memory
    Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | 1x Intel 82574L / 2x 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

Children
No Data