This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot open any ports via NAT or firewall rule but existing ones work?

Hi All - I am trying to enable remote access for the Plex server and it requires the opening of ports in the 32xx range. 

I enabled the following DNAT rule: TCP 1:65535 → 32400.

Unfortunately the port remains closed when testing using this site and on Plex Server's network config:
Open Port Check Tool

I tried a variety of port numbers and none of them seemed to work which is very baffling. As a last resort, I tried some common port used by RDP such as 3389 and the connection worked....

Lastly, I am also using the following rule on my UTM:

Internal (Network) -> any -> any

I've also reviewed the firewall log and below is the dropped packet:

2015:10:19-12:30:19 homestation ulogd[6592]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60001" initf="ppp0" srcip="54.193.168.189" dstip="24.140.238.16" proto="6" length="60" tos="0x00" prec="0x00" ttl="47" srcport="2985" dstport="32400" tcpflags="SYN"

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi team,

me too have truble with plex.

I'm read many thread for plex.

My configuration:

Web Filtering is enable, i'm testing without.

I tear my hair......

• Hi,

It plex thats buggy.  Make sure everything is set like you described.

then set port in plex ,click apply, WAIT patiently, you then get the screen as you show, now LOGOUT of plex (yes logout) log back in and go to the settings again it should appaer as working.

Oddly enough just restarting plex doesnt work. 

I just tried this a few times as i had my port set to 32400 first but wanted to test it. you do need to logout plex and log back in. 

and your settings are correct! you can ignore balfson (with all respect and its good advice) plex is just a weird thing. try the logging in and out of plex should work tested it here 5 times.

it is true what balfson said that if you just use external a device to connect to plex it will work apparently the plex test is very very odd and buggy and many users bang their head on that plextest screen.

• Hi,

It plex thats buggy.  Make sure everything is set like you described.

then set port in plex ,click apply, WAIT patiently, you then get the screen as you show, now LOGOUT of plex (yes logout) log back in and go to the settings again it should appaer as working.

Oddly enough just restarting plex doesnt work. 

I just tried this a few times as i had my port set to 32400 first but wanted to test it. you do need to logout plex and log back in. 

and your settings are correct! you can ignore balfson (with all respect and its good advice) plex is just a weird thing. try the logging in and out of plex should work tested it here 5 times.

it is true what balfson said that if you just use external a device to connect to plex it will work apparently the plex test is very very odd and buggy and many users bang their head on that plextest screen.

Children