This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow a remote user access to one LAN IP/node [SOLVED]

I'm not how to search for this question, please excuse me if it has been answered a few times.

We have contractors that need to remote back into our building and gain access to one server.  I'm not sure what I have done wrong in the setup. When I log in with a test account I can ping the server, but I can not access it's shares

Here's a description of what I have tried.

Sophos UTM 320
Firmware version: 9.313-3

1  I created a user and gave them the access to log into our network, and tested that the account can log in.  
2  I then created a host with the IP address of the server I am trying to grant access and a host for the NetBIOS name and FQDN. 
3  Then created a group for hosts, that way if I want to expand access I can just create the host/network and add it to the group
4  I then created a firewall rule that only allows access from theSource  user with a Service ofany and a Destination of LAN DNS and the group containing the IP/hostnames of the server.

I appreciate any insight someone might offer.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • OK, thanks for the response, I few days off and I have finally gotten back to this.  Creating a group and SSL access to only the one IP address resolved the issue.  I can access only the one IP address I wanted with the test account.

That said I will have to look into the HTML5 Portal.  My issue is I don't know the service(s) being used by the application.  What I am doing is allowing access for a contractor to connect and check out a digital key for a Siemens product.
  • OK, thanks for the response, I few days off and I have finally gotten back to this.  Creating a group and SSL access to only the one IP address resolved the issue.  I can access only the one IP address I wanted with the test account.

That said I will have to look into the HTML5 Portal.  My issue is I don't know the service(s) being used by the application.  What I am doing is allowing access for a contractor to connect and check out a digital key for a Siemens product.
Children
No Data