This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Server load balancing for RDP sessions

Hello,

I had a question about the server load balancing, i've set it up as shown in the attached image (i've set the weight for both servers to 50 when i took this screenshot to see if that helped, it didn't) to balance rdp sessions over 2 terminal servers.

It worked fine for one day, and now it seems to choose one server and connect everyone to that server, yesterday it was the ts01, today it's the ts02 it favors.

What is the logic used by the load balancer to divide the sessions?
is it something similar to round robin, or does it look at the actual server load?

Does anyone see what i've done wrong in the set up that would explain the behaviour?

I have set the weight back to the original 100 for both servers now, but the problem remains.

Any suggestions on getting it to balance the sessions over both servers like i assumed it would with this setup?

Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think I have an idea of why, but none about the solution. You should get Sophos Support involved.

Cheers - Bob

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think I have an idea of why, but none about the solution. You should get Sophos Support involved.

Cheers - Bob

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data