This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dual WAN Single LAN

Hi,

We are adding an additional WAN connection next week. This is purely for traffic to a specific destination network. We have a single LAN and no VLAN or other networks.

The second WAN will be presented to me as an IP address on a Cisco router that is connected to a fibre connection. It makes a VPN connection to a 3rd party.

I have reviewed as much documentation as I can but I cannot determine the best and correct configuration to achieve this.

We are not familiar with the Sophos UTM (it was installed by my predecessor) and there is very little guidance available.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could direct me to step by step guides on how to accomplish this with the Sophos UTM device.

Regards

Clifford

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

thanks for the response, it really is appreciated.

The 3rd party have delivered their Cisco and connected it to my UTM. I don't have success and to make the process of explanation easier, I've attached a quick drawing of the current configuration.

The Cisco has a preconfigured IP of 192.168.74.1. They requested I created my 2nd WAN on 192.168.74.2.

I created my second interface, set the IP address and subnet mask. I didn't set the default gateway option.

I created two separate network definitions for the two networks (10.224.14.0 and 172.16.7.0) with the appropriate subnet masks.

I also defined the Cisco IP address as a host.

I then created a static route for the two networks the VPN is supposed to present. 

I created a firewall rule to allow Inside --> Any --> Two networks.

I can't ping the Cisco nor any of the VPN connected networks. When I do I get a Destination Network unreachable. However I can ping the external WAN interface 192.168.74.2

Any ideas?

Once again many thanks
  • Hi,

thanks for the response, it really is appreciated.

The 3rd party have delivered their Cisco and connected it to my UTM. I don't have success and to make the process of explanation easier, I've attached a quick drawing of the current configuration.

The Cisco has a preconfigured IP of 192.168.74.1. They requested I created my 2nd WAN on 192.168.74.2.

I created my second interface, set the IP address and subnet mask. I didn't set the default gateway option.

I created two separate network definitions for the two networks (10.224.14.0 and 172.16.7.0) with the appropriate subnet masks.

I also defined the Cisco IP address as a host.

I then created a static route for the two networks the VPN is supposed to present. 

I created a firewall rule to allow Inside --> Any --> Two networks.

I can't ping the Cisco nor any of the VPN connected networks. When I do I get a Destination Network unreachable. However I can ping the external WAN interface 192.168.74.2

Any ideas?

Once again many thanks
Children
No Data