This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dual WAN Single LAN

Hi,

We are adding an additional WAN connection next week. This is purely for traffic to a specific destination network. We have a single LAN and no VLAN or other networks.

The second WAN will be presented to me as an IP address on a Cisco router that is connected to a fibre connection. It makes a VPN connection to a 3rd party.

I have reviewed as much documentation as I can but I cannot determine the best and correct configuration to achieve this.

We are not familiar with the Sophos UTM (it was installed by my predecessor) and there is very little guidance available.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could direct me to step by step guides on how to accomplish this with the Sophos UTM device.

Regards

Clifford

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Scott, I'm not sure I "see" Clifford's setup, but I have the impression that he might not want to use Uplink Balancing or even bother with a default gateway on this interface.  Maybe just a gateway route that says '{franchisors subnets}-->{local Cisco IP}' and a firewall rule allowing desired traffic.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Scott, I'm not sure I "see" Clifford's setup, but I have the impression that he might not want to use Uplink Balancing or even bother with a default gateway on this interface.  Maybe just a gateway route that says '{franchisors subnets}-->{local Cisco IP}' and a firewall rule allowing desired traffic.

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob,

In my mind that's what I would want to do, but the Sophos seems to have so many different ways of doing the same thing that I don't even know where to set this up.

As of this moment I have defined an interface to the Cisco LAN side address but not enabled it or set routes. Uplink balancing and policy rules all seem to aimed at load balancing/protocol balancing and not just network routing. 

As before, all help is gratefully appreciated!

Clifford

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob,

In my mind that's what I would want to do, but the Sophos seems to have so many different ways of doing the same thing that I don't even know where to set this up.

As of this moment I have defined an interface to the Cisco LAN side address but not enabled it or set routes. Uplink balancing and policy rules all seem to aimed at load balancing/protocol balancing and not just network routing. 

As before, all help is gratefully appreciated!

Clifford
Children
No Data