This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intrusion Prevention causing slow internet speeds

Since upgrading the firmware to the latest version 9.312-8 my internet performance has fallen massively. I have a Gbit connection to the internet and with Intrusion prevention turned on, I get anything from 10mbit to 100mbit depending on number of users. If IP is turned off my internet download speed jumps up to 650-800 Mbit/s.

Can anyone shed some light on what is wrong?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am having a similar issue. I upgraded to 9.312-8 and on the same hardware began having issues with intermittent slow internet and connection timeouts. The software was previously on a low power PC but worked fine, so I upgraded the hardware assuming that was the issue. On the new hardware I installed from ISO and restored my config. The configuration, filtering, etc all the same, but I am still having the same problem. I am at a lost as to what is going on. I do not see excessive CPU or memory issues, the firewall logs do not point to anything in particular such as a service or port flooding the network. My next step is to do a packet capture of all traffic to see what may be causing the problem if this is related to a LAN side issue. However I cannot rule out the upgrade didn't cause the problem, because this directly coincided with the upgrade. One thing I have noticed is the slowness or connectivity seems to go in waves, things will work for a while then slow down then go back to working again. Maybe once an hour or 5 times an hour.
  • I am having a similar issue. I upgraded to 9.312-8 and on the same hardware began having issues with intermittent slow internet and connection timeouts. The software was previously on a low power PC but worked fine, so I upgraded the hardware assuming that was the issue. On the new hardware I installed from ISO and restored my config. The configuration, filtering, etc all the same, but I am still having the same problem. I am at a lost as to what is going on. I do not see excessive CPU or memory issues, the firewall logs do not point to anything in particular such as a service or port flooding the network. My next step is to do a packet capture of all traffic to see what may be causing the problem if this is related to a LAN side issue. However I cannot rule out the upgrade didn't cause the problem, because this directly coincided with the upgrade. One thing I have noticed is the slowness or connectivity seems to go in waves, things will work for a while then slow down then go back to working again. Maybe once an hour or 5 times an hour.
Children
No Data