This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MAC Address Definitions

Not Static Definitions, but the "MAC Address Definitions" under "Network Definitions" (right tab)... After creating a MAC Address Definition list, will using that definition from the drop down choice in a packet filter rule stop unauthorized use of the packet filter rule?

Or are the "MAC Address Definitions" only intended for wireless filtering?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I am sorry to enter this conversation here but can I ask you a similar question BAIfson?

Your last sentence, "Unfortunately, since all external IPs come from the MAC of the last-hop router in front of your UTM, you can't use the same trick for public IPs."

Question, does this fact also apply if I try to filter some clients connected via SSL-VPN to my UTM with such a firewall/mac filtering rule?

My goal shall be to restrict some of my roadrunners who connect via SSL-VPN with a special FW rule combined with the mac address filter. 
    I want to force that only a couple of devices with special mac & ad account should be
    able to access some resources of my network.
    (I know about to fake mac addresses...[;)]

But this should be one of my steps...

Thank you for any help in this case in advance.

Best regards
  • Hello,

I am sorry to enter this conversation here but can I ask you a similar question BAIfson?

Your last sentence, "Unfortunately, since all external IPs come from the MAC of the last-hop router in front of your UTM, you can't use the same trick for public IPs."

Question, does this fact also apply if I try to filter some clients connected via SSL-VPN to my UTM with such a firewall/mac filtering rule?

My goal shall be to restrict some of my roadrunners who connect via SSL-VPN with a special FW rule combined with the mac address filter. 
    I want to force that only a couple of devices with special mac & ad account should be
    able to access some resources of my network.
    (I know about to fake mac addresses...[;)]

But this should be one of my steps...

Thank you for any help in this case in advance.

Best regards
Children
No Data