This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9 Endpoint Protection-Endpoints will not update

I enabled Endpoint Protection on my Sophos UTM 9. After installing the agent they fail to update. The Sophos AutoUpdate primary and secondary locations are blank. The options are grayed out and cannot be changed. I installed the agent on several endpoints and each behaved the same. Installs fine but will not update due to the AutoUpdate properties not populated with an update server address. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Well, these Update Server problems are usually caused by the agent not beeing able to reach its broker server.
    So first we need your detailed Networking and Web filter setup.

UTM directly connected to the internet? Which kind of connection (Cable, DSL, fibre, ...)?
    Some sort of ISP router in front of your UTM?
    Web filter enabled? If yes, Transparent or Standard mode?
    What does the EP log of your UTM say? Any errors logged?

----------
    Sophos user, admin and reseller.
    Private Setup:

• XG: HPE DL20 Gen9 (Core i3-7300, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD) | XG 18.0 (Home License) with: Web Protection, Site-to-Site-VPN (IPSec, RED-Tunnel), Remote Access (SSL, HTML5)
    • UTM: 2 vCPUs, 2GB RAM, 50GB vHDD, 2 vNICs on vServer (KVM) | UTM 9.7 (Home License) with: Email Protection, Webserver Protection, RED-Tunnel (server)