This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Extremely Slow Upload Speed

I recently installed UTM 9 Essential Firewall in order to simply move my database server to its own NAT for security compliance.  

Using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test on the database server:

- The download speed was fine (> 10 Mbps)
- The upload speed was extremely slow (

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Bob,

Also, if I didn't mention it before, this is the free version of UTM 9 Essential Firewall - does that have anything to do with it?

We don't have IPS or Web Filtering enabled at all - only the Firewall and NAT.  I don't see any outbound traffic - could it be because we allow all outbound traffic?  We only restrict which protocols that are allowed inbound (MSSQL, CIFS, LDAP, rsync, etc.).

I have attached a few lines of the live firewall log as well as the corresponding lines in the full firewall log.
  • Hi, sorry to resurrect and old post, I just wanted to add that there is an option in UTM Essential firewall in Interfaces & Routing > Quality of Service (QoS): Here you can shape the bandwidth. I made some tests in the past, then I forgot about it, after some months I realized my upload bandwith was struggling. This could be of use fore someone else looking for help.

• Hi, sorry to resurrect and old post, I just wanted to add that there is an option in UTM Essential firewall in Interfaces & Routing > Quality of Service (QoS): Here you can shape the bandwidth. I made some tests in the past, then I forgot about it, after some months I realized my upload bandwith was struggling. This could be of use fore someone else looking for help.

Children
No Data