This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Extremely Slow Upload Speed

I recently installed UTM 9 Essential Firewall in order to simply move my database server to its own NAT for security compliance.  

Using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test on the database server:

- The download speed was fine (> 10 Mbps)
- The upload speed was extremely slow (

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Bob,

Also, if I didn't mention it before, this is the free version of UTM 9 Essential Firewall - does that have anything to do with it?

We don't have IPS or Web Filtering enabled at all - only the Firewall and NAT.  I don't see any outbound traffic - could it be because we allow all outbound traffic?  We only restrict which protocols that are allowed inbound (MSSQL, CIFS, LDAP, rsync, etc.).

I have attached a few lines of the live firewall log as well as the corresponding lines in the full firewall log.
  • There are no performance caps, etc. on the Essential Edition... might want to check for Speed / Duplex mismatch.  You can check for errors that are indicative of such a mismatch on your switch and / or ISP CPE equipment, can you can log into the Shell of the UTM and issue an ifconfig ethx command (where 'x' is the interface number you want to check)... look for excessive errors, collisions, etc. on that interface.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• There are no performance caps, etc. on the Essential Edition... might want to check for Speed / Duplex mismatch.  You can check for errors that are indicative of such a mismatch on your switch and / or ISP CPE equipment, can you can log into the Shell of the UTM and issue an ifconfig ethx command (where 'x' is the interface number you want to check)... look for excessive errors, collisions, etc. on that interface.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data