This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HOw to block some users from all internet traffic

We have all internet browsing traffic going out our Astaro.  I would like to block some PCs from gaining access to the Internet.

For example, I set up a rule (testblocking.jpg) 
Within this rule I have a DNS Group (testdeleteGroup.jpg) with my test machine in for now.  I have it blocking typical browsing protocols ( webSurfingGroup.jpg) 

I placed this before my allow browsing rule.  I also placed at the top, and just for giggles at the bottom.

No matter where the rule is, the PC in the test blocking group can still browse the web with no issues.

ANy idea how to set this up so I can block a group of PCs from browsing the web?

THanks in advance
Dave

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think you'd be a lot better off to start over on the project of preventing internet gaming by asking a question in the Web Security forum, but, in the interest of resolving the issue here, ...

In your Host definitions for the PCs, do you have 'Interface: >'?  In general, you should always have that as binding to a specific interface can cause problems like this.  Does that cause Firewall rule #9 to work correctly?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • wait a minute, thinks are getting confused not from rules but from definitions
    Reconfigure your internal clients like "hosts" not "dns hosts or groups"

if you want to se my config let me know...

and to be sure for one thing:
    any rule for trafic on port 80 (http) is not needed anymore since you use web-proxy. it will pass firewall rules
  • wait a minute, thinks are getting confused not from rules but from definitions
    Reconfigure your internal clients like "hosts" not "dns hosts or groups"

if you want to se my config let me know...

and to be sure for one thing:
    any rule for trafic on port 80 (http) is not needed anymore since you use web-proxy. it will pass firewall rules
Children
No Data