This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Guide to connect PS3

I am sure there are posts on this but the one I read on it really was too advanced for me -- My question is for the PS3. I read a few threads on it and they just dont make sense ? ie pf -- ps3--any-any -- makes not sense to me, is there a better example perhaps explaining how to open up my ports to a ps3 that clearly shows what a pf is or how to set up a masq. I am a total newb to Astaro and see that its way more advanced than other firewalls yet more secure. if you can perhaps direct me I would really love to learn but as I said when i try to add this its always telling me theres a host with that name.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • JML:  If you are a licensed customer, call in to Astaro Support and let them know your issue with PS3.  That way they'll know 100% that there's an issue which needs looking into.  Just posting here on a user-to-user forum, there's only a small chance that someone from Astaro will happen to notice this thread.

My local Astaro rep already has a ticket in for other issues. We will just add this to the list. Thanks.
  • I've got it working now, with ASG 8.102. In my case, the problem was that PSN login requires Jabber, and I had Jabber blocked. I don't know if that's a new PSN requirement, or if something has changed between 8.102 and previous ASG versions. (I just upgraded from ASG 7 to 8.102, so I hadn't tried PSN with previous v8 versions.)

The detailed instructions posted by ChrisW28 in this thread are good, but there's one more step you have to do.

In your Astaro Gateway, go to Web Security, then to IM/P2P, and click the IM tab. If IM Control Status is Enabled, then make sure that "Google Talk/Jabber" is set to "Do not block".

Alternatively, you can block it here, but then you need to click the Exceptions tab and add an exception for your PS3 console(s) for Google Talk/Jabber, or you can click the Advanced tab and add your console(s) to the control skip-list.

As soon as I stopped blocking Jabber to the PS3 consoles, I was able to log into the PSN with no problems, and I now get a NAT Type of 2.