This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Opening Port Problem

I have tried so many variations trying to open port 8443 and it is not happening.

I am able to open port 22/SSH but for any other ports I cannot. Can you please help me.

I created a service:
UEC
Desitination Port: 8443
Source Port: 1:65535

Created DNAT
DNAT [UEC_JPP_CC1]
Traffic selector: Any→UEC_JPP→Any
Destination translation: BMCC1 UEC_JPP
Automatic packet filter rule: Yes
Initial packets are logged: Yes

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Several comments:

1 - It's unlikely that this is causing a problem, but, when the 'Destination service' is not being changed, leave that field empty.

2 - Sometmes, people create routing problems when they bind a definition to an interface.  Please check your network and host definitions to be sure that all of them list 'Interface: >' instead of being bound to Internal or External.

3 - If your public IP is not on the External interface of the Astaro, then remember that you also need to port forward from your other router to the Astaro.

4 - What do you see in the packet filter log when you try to reach the server from the outside?

5 - If you're still having problems, please show pictures of BMCC1 and UEC_JPP.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Several comments:

1 - It's unlikely that this is causing a problem, but, when the 'Destination service' is not being changed, leave that field empty.

2 - Sometmes, people create routing problems when they bind a definition to an interface.  Please check your network and host definitions to be sure that all of them list 'Interface: >' instead of being bound to Internal or External.

3 - If your public IP is not on the External interface of the Astaro, then remember that you also need to port forward from your other router to the Astaro.

4 - What do you see in the packet filter log when you try to reach the server from the outside?

5 - If you're still having problems, please show pictures of BMCC1 and UEC_JPP.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • 2 - Sometmes, people create routing problems when they bind a definition to an interface.  Please check your network and host definitions to be sure that all of them list 'Interface: >' instead of being bound to Internal or External.

I've seen this comment about choosing "Any" as the interface setting instead of specifying "Internal" or "External" several times.  Bob can you, or any of our forum friends or Astaro personnel, please elaborate on this a bit.

1.) Is there simply no reason to ever specify Internal or External?

2.) Is the problem that people often get confused about the routing circuits (what's in - what's out, etc.), or does it actually just not work correctly sometimes?

3.) Is there any security or performance reason one might want to specify?

It all kind of makes one wonder why the choice is even offered?

Eric