This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPS blocks download of Java RE

Today we tried to download Java 6.0 Update 20 from here: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=39494

But it doesn't work since we deactived the IPS. The log shows only a warning:

2010:06:03-11:29:22 router snort[3553]: id="2101" severity="warn" sys="SecureNet" sub="ips" name="Intrusion protection alert" action="drop" reason="WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer" group="320" srcip="92.122.188.113" dstip="192.168.3.72" proto="6" srcport="80" dstport="52890" sid="15306" class="Misc activity" priority="3" generator="1" msgid="0"

What's going on here? Any suggestions or does someone have the same problem?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have ASG 7.504 installed on server. We have 6Mbps bandwidth for my office and want to limit users to have 500 kbits/s as an guaranted bandwith and 2000kbits/s (2Mbps) as an upper limit bandwidth. 

I added the QoS rule on firewall (position 1) but when I tried to download a huge file from my computer which lies on user network it almost consumes all available bandwidth which is greater than upper limit specified.  

Download Equilizer and Upload Optimizer is enabled for the external interface.

I also tried different other options but it is still not working.

Can someone please help me to find out the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance !!

RB
  • I have ASG 7.504 installed on server. We have 6Mbps bandwidth for my office and want to limit users to have 500 kbits/s as an guaranted bandwith and 2000kbits/s (2Mbps) as an upper limit bandwidth. 

I added the QoS rule on firewall (position 1) but when I tried to download a huge file from my computer which lies on user network it almost consumes all available bandwidth which is greater than upper limit specified.  

Download Equilizer and Upload Optimizer is enabled for the external interface.

I also tried different other options but it is still not working.

Can someone please help me to find out the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance !!

RB
Children
  • RB, you will need to enable automatic QoS on the LAN interface as that is where the request originates.
  • Thanks Jack!

Where can I find that option? I mean enabling automatic Qos?

Thanks!
    RB
  • ok, so may be I was not clear before, here is my QoS configuration in detail.

Under Status Tab:
     - status of external interface is enabled
        + Limit uplink, selected
        + Download Equlizer, selected 
        + Uplocad optimizer, selected

Traffic selector:
        - Internet  --> Any -->  UserNetwork

Bandwidth Pool:
        - Interface: External
            + Name: Ineternet2UserNetwork
            + Position: 1
            + Bandwidth(kbit/s): 500
            + specify upper bandwidth limit, SELECTED
                 ++ Limit(kbit/s): 2000
             + Traffic selecter: Selected from above

I also looked at manual and looks like the configuration is okay.

Thanks!
    RB