This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SIP Problems

Hello.  I am very much a techie as I am sure many of you are.  Just the fact that I use an Astaro home router should be proof of that.  With that being the case, I am also a BYOD user of VOIP phone services.  I have had Vonage in the past, and it was decent quality but I wanted control of my own device.  I switched to viatalk and it worked, but was poorer quality that Vonage.  In my quest to improve the quality, I switched to their West Coast (newer server) but in that process had a lot of problems.  Their tech folks say that the server does not like older firmware SPI routers.  Something happens to the packets.... not sure what.  The only way for me to get that server working through Astaro is to also incorporate the STUN server.  But I really dont want to do that.

My question is this:

Can someone look into why the Astaro router does not work well with the Viatalk optimusprime server?  The problem (when not using stun), is that outbound voice doesnt work.  Even with the SIP proxy and a wide open rule... doesnt work.

Alternatively, is there a way to turn off SPI for a specific client node?  Or even an interface altogether?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children