This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange on the DMZ

Hello,

I have an Astaro Security Gateway 7. I want to put the exchange server on the DMZ. 
What i have done till now is enabling the 3rd interface on Astaro, putting the IP 192.168.1.1 . From the otherside i connect the exchange to the DMZ and give the exchange IP: 192.168.1.10 . My Internal network is 192.168.0.0 . I made a static dns entry for the exchange account, also i made a PF any any from internal to DMZ. Now i ping the exchange from the internal network and it replies successfully. But the problem is outlook cannot access the exchange account, and i don't know why, also i cannot access the exchange via web, it asks for username and password but whatever i write it gives me unsuccessful.
So could you please provide me with the right steps, as i want the external users to access the exchange web. 

Thanks In Advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I have an Astaro Security Gateway 7. I want to put the exchange server on the DMZ. 
    What i have done till now is enabling the 3rd interface on Astaro, putting the IP 192.168.1.1 . From the otherside i connect the exchange to the DMZ and give the exchange IP: 192.168.1.10 . My Internal network is 192.168.0.0 . I made a static dns entry for the exchange account, also i made a PF any any from internal to DMZ. Now i ping the exchange from the internal network and it replies successfully. But the problem is outlook cannot access the exchange account, and i don't know why, also i cannot access the exchange via web, it asks for username and password but whatever i write it gives me unsuccessful.
    So could you please provide me with the right steps, as i want the external users to access the exchange web. 

Thanks In Advance

Put you Exchange back to you internal network, so the internal outlook clients can work.

For simple owa or rpc over http ssl:
    Order 1 official cert for you exchange server (if you want use smarphones/mda),
    create a snat-rule for incoming https traffic -> redirect to exchange
    create a proper pf rule for snat-rule
    If you cant access owa from external, so check for another services using 443. (eg End User Portal)

Login in owa needs DOMAIN\Username + pass

Gregor Kemter
  • Thanks a lot Gkemter,that's a great solution. 
    Also thaks all for your help.
Reply Children