This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Logging In Via SSH - Not Working?

I want to be able to SSH into my console at home.  I've enabled SSH or "Shell Access" under Mangement --> System Settings.

I've even set the root password before I left for work this morning, and I could log in fine on the actual computer fine.  However Im at work now and cannot log in.  I connect fine, it asks for the login and I put root.  However it keeps saying access denied when I put in my password.

I've even remotely accessed the web GUI and changed it to something else, and it still doesnt work.  Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I believe my problem was related to setting new password restrictions while having a password that was in violation of said restrictions. 

Removing the restrictions, I believe, solved this problem.

Better solution: use a password that matches the security level you want. [:)]
  • I believe my problem was related to setting new password restrictions while having a password that was in violation of said restrictions. 

Removing the restrictions, I believe, solved this problem.

Better solution: use a password that matches the security level you want. [:)]
Children
No Data