This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to target and whitelist facebook for marketing user?

Sorry but I have to unlock a user for Facebook inside our company network.
We have blocked facebook for all, which works fine.

Now just one marketing user need facebook for work and i want to whitelist this user so he can do his work on fb.
We do not use any AD-User Authentication and want it to stay this way. Anyway, users do authenticate over SSL-VPN with email and password, so i tried to unblock the VPN-User cause he should be clear authenticated to the network. (VPN connection works inside or outside the company without problems.)

Is there a way to whitelist a User simply with his IP or his VPN-User Account inside the network?

Under WEB Protection > Application Control > we have a Rule that blocks all facebook users. (works)

Block Facebook Rule and on top unblock the VPN user from Marketing

I tried to add at the same place a Rule with whitelist (allow) the specific VPN-User and a Testuser (Robert) and put them on top, but facebook is still blocked when the specific user is connected with VPN. (See Screenshot)  Just when i deactivate the 2nd Rule (facebook block all users) facebook is loading again, but then for all users.

I also added for testing a new user and gave him his Laptop internal IP adress (Robert) but it did not work also for this user.

Testuser entered internal IP adress

Why is the new "1 unblock marketing" rule not working inside Application Control or is there a better way to handle this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Also when the user is inside the network (without VPN) he can not access facebook.

How do i setup/target a user to overrule the working Web Protection >> Application Control >> facebook blocking.

So the one Marketing user can reach finally the facebook page?

thanks!

• Also when the user is inside the network (without VPN) he can not access facebook.

How do i setup/target a user to overrule the working Web Protection >> Application Control >> facebook blocking.

So the one Marketing user can reach finally the facebook page?

thanks!

Children
  • Your existing rule will work if you configure 'Client Authentication' in 'Definitions & Users and Robert installs the Client Authentication Program (CAP) on his PC.  To access Facebook, he will first need to login using the CAP.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA