This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multipath Routing and RED Devices

Hello all 2 part question,

We have 2 WAN connections on our UTM with uplink balancing enabled and at the moment all traffic had been configured to go through only one of the interfaces (don't ask, I didn't create this :)).  I'm finding that our hypervisor and backup software is filling the WAN1 connection, along with added peaks during break times where users with non-issued devices are hopping on the guest network (as work policy says the devices should be) and slowing everything down.

1 - Should I set the UTM Host IP of the RED we use for offsite backups to the one of the IPs of WAN2.....
      OR.....
      should I use a multipath rule of:     ANY ==> ANY ==> RED Network ==> WAN2 Interface    (And is this the right settings?)

1a) I'm sneaking another quick question here, for a RED's 2nd UTM IP can I enter in the other WAN IP or should I use our other office's UTM IP if all the REDs are
       set as Standard/Unified, but the second UTM does not have any REDs on it and acts as a "glorified" RED device for the most part?

2 - For the Guest network Multipath route would it be ANY ==> ANY==> Guest Network Subnet ==> WAN2 Interface?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Great diagram, Dave - I think I see your situation...

You have a PM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Great diagram, Dave - I think I see your situation...

You have a PM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data