This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN from Site A to Site B via RED

Hello,

I have two sites (Site A and Site B) that are connected via RED. "RED # 5
Both sites have connectivity and can reach each other's network.

My problem is that my SSL VPN (for Site A) can access resources on Site A, but cannot access anything on Site B.

Site A

Network 192.168.0.0
SSl Network 10.81.234.0

Site B

Network 192.168.40.0
SSl Network 10.81.237.0

Within the Vpn SSl Settings, I left the following access

Allowed network resources (IPv4)
RED # 5

Is it a firewall problem and am I simply setting the wrong rules? Or is this something with the VPN configuration itself?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • sorry, don't understand "Allowed network resources (IPv4) RED # 5" and Where does the "SSl Network 10.81.237.0" comes from?

you have to allow the subnet from site A and the subnet from Site B within VPN-Definition.

Additionally you need the matching Firewall-rules.  

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• in image 1 has my settings for vpn ssl

in image 2 my vpn rules settings

what I meant with # red5 this is my red tunnel between site 1 and site 2

Reply Children
  • In your firewall rule the destination zone for all networks is LAN.
    I'm not sure, but I would assume at least some of them would be VPN.

You may try to change destination zone to LAN and VPN (or even ANY) and see if that makes a change.

Also make sure to have the SSL VPN network from site A inside the RED tunnel between site A and site B.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.