This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to access sFTP

Hello,

My first post here.

Appliance is a Sophos UTM SG230 (Firmware 9.703-3)

I have a client who is currently unable to access an external sFTP Server. The correct Firewall Rule has been added, and during testing, I can see the packet leaving the firewall, however, the response seems to never be received. I have tested outside of the network and it works absolutely fine. If I disable the Firewall Rule and try to connect, not only do I see that the packets are dropped, but the connection will also timeout (as expected). If, however, I switch the Firewall Rule on, I can see the packet leave the network, but almost immediately, I get an error stating "Software caused network abort". I have tested with WinSCP and PuTTY, both give the same error.

Due to the fact that this works outside of the network, and that I am getting different responses depending upon whether the correct rule is enabled leads me to believe that the firewall is the cause of the issue. I have trawled the web for hours, checked all of the logs, but nothing shows (except the packet leaving the network in the Firewall Logs). 

Is there anything I may have overlooked? Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA,

Chris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Did you configure web and application filtering on the firewall? When you say you noticed packets are leaving the firewall but did not receive any reply, did you check if the ISP blocks the return traffic? 

Thanks,

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Did you configure web and application filtering on the firewall? When you say you noticed packets are leaving the firewall but did not receive any reply, did you check if the ISP blocks the return traffic? 

Thanks,

Children
No Data