This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to ping Firewall from vlans

Hi everyone,

I hope you guys can help me with this one,

Here is my current network

To make that work I have created 2 static routes on my firewalls that point to my sw's vlan interfaces Gateway that way I can talk from 10 to 500

No I want to end those 2 virtual firewalls and put a sophos SG firewall in front of my cisco sg300 and end vlan's 100 and 300.

I did that but I'm unable to ping my firewall from my internal vlans 10 and 500, I have created the interface and that interface can ping my sophos sg, I also created a 0.0.0.0 ip route to my firewalls's ip adress but I can't still ping it from the vlans :(

any ideas what I'm I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Pedro,

Pinging with which tool from what IP on what device to what IP on what other device?  Does that traffic pass through the UTM or is it the UTM you're trying to ping?  If the traffic passes the UTM, what information do you get from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Pedro,

Pinging with which tool from what IP on what device to what IP on what other device?  Does that traffic pass through the UTM or is it the UTM you're trying to ping?  If the traffic passes the UTM, what information do you get from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children