This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

name resolution in live log is prevented when web filtering is enabled?

hi there,

i managed to get the availibilty that the service names (UDP TCP...) are being resoluted into proper "names" like "whatsapp, facebook, bitdefender..." and stuff. see picture:

as soon as i enable web filtering, the names are not resoluted anymore and only show TCP, UDP... again.

any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Chris,

See your related thread first to see if my answer there helps with this problem.  If not, you might want to Edit this question as I have no idea what you're asking - keine Ahnung!  You might want to include a related line from the Web Filtering log.

Alone among the logs, the Firewall Live Log presents abbreviated information in a format easier to read quickly.  Usually, you can't troubleshoot without looking at the corresponding line from the full Firewall log file.  Please post one line corresponding to one above related to this issue.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you for your help!

Those two last lines in my screenshot above, there you can see the words "whatsapp" and "facebook". when i enable web filtering, i never get these descriptions back, but the service descriptions fall back to "tcp" and "udp" and so on. when i disable web filtering, i can see many "readable" descriptions on the lines, i also see "bitdefender", "google", "google api" and so on, instead of just "TCP" "UDP" and so on. 

• Does reading #2 in Rulz prompt you to change your question, Chris?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA