This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inter VLAN traffic blocked

OK, to be fair, I am new to Sophos UTM and thought this would be a fun fun project. I had an old mini-ITX laying around with a 120 GB flash drive in it and thought this would be simple. I have managed 5 port Netgear switch, and have added 4 VLANs to the firewall. Each VLAN supplies DHCP and point to the internal interface created for DNS. I have a Netgear Insight AP, that I have configure 3 SSIDs, each with a different VLAN. The switch is set to tagged traffic and currently is trunking all ports (I tried different configurations, without change). I have the default VLAN ID as 10, so unless traffic is coming through the AP, it gets an IP from that VLAN. That is the main VLAN all physical machines are on, and it is not the same as the internal network. My rules are currently sparce. I am allowing all defined interfaces (including VLANs) on any service Outbound to any interface, as well as the internal interface and all VLANs except the Guest one allowing all services to the same for internal traffic. I have disable just about everything extra. All web traffic gets out w/o issue, and the correct IP gets assigned per tagged VLAN traffic. However, no device can see each other other than the firewall, whether it is on the same VLAN or a different one. I understand I probably added unnecessary difficulty to this config, but I simply want to first, have any device on the LAN see any other device on the LAN (with the exception of the Guest VLAN), and on a side note, none of my Tivo's are able to get to the internet (every other device can). 

I'm sure there is a simple configuration I am missing to allow inter VLAN communication, but I have come up stumped. I would appreciate a nudge in the correct direction.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Brad and welcome to the UTM Community!

You might want to scan the Unofficial HCL at the top of the Hardware forum.  Some older flash drives get quickly fried running UTM.

Show us pictures of your 'Interfaces' and 'Firewall' tabs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA