This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple Public IP Addresses

I am looking to assign a different public IP address to a specific PC or number of PCs within our network.

I have tried using 3rd party software (Hotspot Shield). However, this was a dead end.

Is this something that can be done?

For information, we are using a UTM 9, Model: SG330.

I would be trying to do this via the webadmin interface.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Firstly, you will need a block of public IP's from your ISP.

Under interfaces: Then you need to enter the static IP into your wan interface with the correct subnet eg /29 or /28 etc

Under interrfaces > additional interfaces: You then add the additional IP's and assign then to the above interface.

The PC/server that you want to map to the public IP should ideally have a static private address.

Under Network protection > NAT > NAT, You then create a DNAT rule like:

Traffic from: ANY
    Using service: eg 80/http
    Going to: Your additional Public IP

Change the destination to: Your PC/Server private IP
    And the service to: You can leave this blank if it's the same service port as above

You can then (if you wish) tick automatic firewall rules to allow the UTM to make those rules for you. You should be able to connect from outside.

• Brent, Louis answered one of the questions you might be asking, but we may need more information.  What are you trying to accomplish when you "assign a different public IP address to a specific PC?"  Also, when posting a question here, please be precise about the version - 9.510?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA