This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM: VoIP Phones being blocked by 'Default Drop' - Looking for Advice

First I must admit I am a complete newbie here.  I'm trying to set up a network at a new office location and have gotten everything up and running except for our VoIP phones.  I obtained a configuration guide from our VoIP provider and configured the UTM to match this, but the UTM is still blocking the majority of traffic on default drops.  I've attached an example log of 2 phone boot attempts, the result is the phone boots and is assigned an internal IP address and there is a ring tone, but no calls can be made out/in.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  I can provide more information if helpful, just let me know what you need as I'm still learning.  Thank you!

WebAdmin Live Log_ Firewall_2018 08 22.zip

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Dylan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Alone among the logs, the Firewall Live Log presents abbreviated information in a format easier to read quickly.  Usually, you can't troubleshoot without looking at the corresponding lines from the full Firewall log file.  Please post a few lines demonstrating the blocks.

You will want to read #1 in Rulz carefully.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA