This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intrusion Prevention Exclusions

So, I inherited the current UTM 9 config and have been working on updating the definitions (some were out of date, some were no longer needed, etc).  I found a large group called "Google Server Group" with the following entries:

accounts.google.com
apps.googleusercontent.com
clients3.google.com
docs.google.com
drive.google.com
gg.google.com
gmail.com
(Google Network 1-10) - these are IP ranges
google.com
googleapis.com
googlegroups.com
googleusercontent.com
lh3.google.com
lh4.google.com
lh5.google.com
lh6.google.com
mail.google.com
s.ytimg.com
spreadsheet.google.com
spreadsheets.google.com
ssl.gstatic.com
talk.google.com
video.google.com
www.google.com
www.googleapis.com

This group is under intrusion prevention exclusions.  Is there any reason this would be necessary?  We are heavy G Suite users, but I really don't trust content from the web unless I have to.  Any input into issues with Google and IPS would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • i never configure google within my ips exclusions.

sometimes a single server has to be excluded, but mostly IPS works without exclusions.

i would test it...

- open ips live log and remove the group from exclusions.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• OK, good.  I will test of course, but I wanted to know if this was 'normal' before I started making changes.  One other item - is this line added by Sophos?

Sophos Update es-latest-2.sophos.com

• no, within new systems we don't see IPS exceptions.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner

• no, within new systems we don't see IPS exceptions.

Dirk

Children
No Data