This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN scan

Hi,

Does the site 2 site VPN (ipsec, ssl,etc) connection between RED and UTM or 2 UTM's (both with network protection license) will be scanned for malware or virus directions? or nothing get scanned?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm not sure what you're asking, Aresh.

You posted this in the Network Protection forum.  The only protections in that section are firewall, Intrusion Prevention and anti-DoS Flooding.

As for antivirus, that's dependent on the traffic traversing the tunnel and whether it qualifies for one of the proxies on either side.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply,

I would like to know if the traffic that goes through the VPN tunnel also get some kind of scan, or the UTM at the remote location trust all of the in coming traffice from the VPN Tunnel.

Thanks

• As I said, Aresh, that's dependent on the traffic traversing the tunnel and whether it qualifies for one of the proxies on either side.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • As I said, Aresh, that's dependent on the traffic traversing the tunnel and whether it qualifies for one of the proxies on either side.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children