Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM is doing NAT + Firewall ? or just Firewall ?

Hi to all,

I use standard device who is doing NAT, if i replace this device by Sophos UTM, does i still have NAT function if i replace it with Sophos UTM Home Ed. ?

Does Sophos UTM integrate NAT function and Firewall ? Does it is mandatory to keep NAT function behind WAN ?

I'm currently testing it and it seems to offer both functionnality as default, but i would like to be sure.

Many thanks. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

you said you were here to learn, then do some investigation yourself as I pointed out review SG hardware and that will solve most of you performance questions.

What you haven't said is what model SG230 vx?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I am here to learn, but some of my question & answers are not written on the web ;)

I dunno the version number, i see that the last one is v2, but i dunno the difference between both.

It doesn't seems to have information, what are the difference please ?

Best Regards.

• You can perfectly use one single UTM for your requirements. I do not now exactly about your 1 GBps internet connection and also we don't know whether or not you want to use web filtering, ips and which other features. The features you use together with the number of users connected to the device will determine what specs you need. I think you could search for UTM sizing and find some sizing charts on the web to indicate a good starting point.

As for the rest of your questions, there is an unwritten rule on forums to only ask 1 question per thread, so please for every question try to make a new thread so everything stays clear and others can also find the right answers in the right threads.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.