This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a manual for the Sophos UTM Rest API?

Would have been better if the API worked using SSL (like the Sophos Firewall).

I only found the HELP function on the UTM and a bit more extended explanation in the manual https://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/documentation/utm9408_manual_eng.pdf

Chapter 4.2.4.

Is there documentation for this REST API?

I know the API Help for XG is here: http://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/v16011/Help/en-us/webhelp/onlinehelp/index.html#page/onlinehelp%2FAppendixGGuides.html%23 and I didnt read anywhere that it received an update :)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Yep, I was just thinking about that this morning, wondering if there was a problem with the API enabling properly for a HA deployment.  I'll break the pair in my test environment and confirm.  Did you get that information from support, or just via y our own testing?  If this is by design the usefulness of the API just dropped dramatically.  

Children
  • I was playing around and found it not actve in my HA systems.

I think, the API on UTM is in a pre-alpha, hope, it will be usable in some month and expect a usable documentation then.

• Hi papa_,

papa_ said:

I was playing around and found it not actve in my HA systems.

This issue was fixed with the 9.410 release that has been released for the on premises version today. This is stated as "NUTM-6296 [AWS] REST API doesn't work in cluster mode" in UTM 9.410.

papa_ said:

I think, the API on UTM is in a pre-alpha, hope, it will be usable in some month and expect a usable documentation then.

It would be very helpful for us to understand, which functionality is currently missing, from your point of view.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Nicolas A. Dürr
    Product Owner IaaS

• Hi, Nicolas, glad to see you here!

As soon as I click on IaaS, I get an error: Undefined subroutine &main::func_egw called at asg.plx line 240.

You will have a PM within five minutes after this posts.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA