This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Root disk full cannot access UTM webpage - Internal Server Error

I'm stuck.
I got a notification that my root partition is full (100%).  I can not longer access the UTM webpage (I get an Internal Server Error).  I have ssh'ed in and deleted the logs, but no to avail (didn't move the needle, still at 100%).  I've looked at the dirs and of the 5.2GB I have on the root partition, 3.1G are in /etc/ 

This comes back positive  /etc/init.d/httpd restart

:: Stopping WebAdmin                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
:: Starting WebAdmin                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
:: Restarting WebAdmin

I've looked at thread such as this: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/61/t/57069  to figure out which files are too large, but it's not making any difference.

Rebuilding the postgresql92 database doesn't do any good either..

/etc/init.d/postgresql92 rebuild 
Rebuilding PostgreSQL database, all reporting data will be lost!
Enter "yes" to continue...
yes
:: Stopping PostgreSQLpg_ctl: PID file "/var/storage/pgsql92/data/postmaster.pid" does not exist
Is server running?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          failed
:: Initializing the PostgreSQL database                                                                                                                                                                                                   done
:: Starting PostgreSQLpg_ctl: could not start server
Examine the log output.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          failed
:: Restarting SMTP Proxy
:: Stopping SMTP Proxy
[ ok ]
:: Starting SMTP Proxy
[ ok ]
[ ok ]

Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • My fault.. I created a 3.1G nohup.out file in the /etc dir (I'm writing a script to do full packet captures).  That file shouldn't have written to that dir.  

Took me a bit to calm down and think about the problem..   It all came down to finding that file that was too big.
  • My fault.. I created a 3.1G nohup.out file in the /etc dir (I'm writing a script to do full packet captures).  That file shouldn't have written to that dir.  

Took me a bit to calm down and think about the problem..   It all came down to finding that file that was too big.
Children
No Data