This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No IPv6 default gateway using Tunnel Broker

Anyone else run into this?  I have a tunnel broker configured on my Sophos UTM and when I set a static address/gateway on my client machines routing to the IPv6 internet seems to work great.  When I use stateless automatic advertisement, the clients get a valid IPv6 ip address, but they don't get a valid gateway.  I am new to IPv6, but can't seem to see anywhere in the config where you set the default IPv6 gateway in a tunnel broker config?  I assume if my ISP offered IPv6 natively I could simply check the box on the WAN interface..........  That won't help me here though..  Ideas anyone?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So I have been working on this more and more trying to make sense of how exactly Stateless IPv6 addressing is supposed to work.  Turns out that the router advertisement I guess is SUPPOSED to give your clients a "non-routable" link local IP address for the gateway automatically.  Brain twisting for those of us so used to IPv4.  So it isn't doing NAT, what the hell is it doing?  The PC with the routable address is accessible if the ports are open on the firewall page..  Weird.   I guess a non SLAAC config isn't available when using the tunnel broker?
  • Hi,
    who is your tunnel with?
    I currently have a tunnel with sixxs and they provide a link IPv6 address and a user space IPv6 address range.
    The IPv6 address at your end of the tunnel is not your IPv6 range.

Please provide a screenshot of the IPv6 screens.

Ian M
  • Hi,
    who is your tunnel with?
    I currently have a tunnel with sixxs and they provide a link IPv6 address and a user space IPv6 address range.
    The IPv6 address at your end of the tunnel is not your IPv6 range.

Please provide a screenshot of the IPv6 screens.

Ian M
Children
No Data