This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Joining the domain failed.

Having an awful time trying to add the UTM to the domain. 

Running  9.106-17

Tried setting the DNS forwarders, ping finds domain and domain controller

AD Server added fine and working. 

Hostname is utm.pps.local 

SSO Page tried: 

Domain: utm.pps.local / UTM.PPS.LOCAL / UTM / PPS.LOCAL / pps.local

tried pre-adding the computer to the domain and tried pre-adding as pre-2000 computer. 

utm.pps.local in DNS fine. 

AD Server is Server 2012 R2

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am talking internally to support to try and determine why they are saying it is not supported.

QA testing is not much more than joining a UTM to a mostly-empty AD server and using it for a day.  We do not have week-long AD tests nor do we run AD2012 in a production environment.  I think right now we are testing against 5 AD versions.  With the dozens of versions and configs out there, we must rely on things like Beta to have customers tell us if there is a problem if we don't find it ourselves.

As per the other thread, if it is that issue, either you can set a flag on AD to allow NTLMv1 or Support can set a flag on the UTM to allow NTLMv2.

The UI will show that it is joined to the AD server after it successfully joins.  If the connection breaks somehow I don't think the UI shows that - it will still say joined.
  • I am talking internally to support to try and determine why they are saying it is not supported.

QA testing is not much more than joining a UTM to a mostly-empty AD server and using it for a day.  We do not have week-long AD tests nor do we run AD2012 in a production environment.  I think right now we are testing against 5 AD versions.  With the dozens of versions and configs out there, we must rely on things like Beta to have customers tell us if there is a problem if we don't find it ourselves.

As per the other thread, if it is that issue, either you can set a flag on AD to allow NTLMv1 or Support can set a flag on the UTM to allow NTLMv2.

The UI will show that it is joined to the AD server after it successfully joins.  If the connection breaks somehow I don't think the UI shows that - it will still say joined.
Children

Michael I'd be interested in knowing what you found out. My case numbers were  #4207027 and #4343305. When I get the courage I will play around with those NTLM settings and see if I can't break something. I will post the results