This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Joining the domain failed.

Having an awful time trying to add the UTM to the domain. 

Running  9.106-17

Tried setting the DNS forwarders, ping finds domain and domain controller

AD Server added fine and working. 

Hostname is utm.pps.local 

SSO Page tried: 

Domain: utm.pps.local / UTM.PPS.LOCAL / UTM / PPS.LOCAL / pps.local

tried pre-adding the computer to the domain and tried pre-adding as pre-2000 computer. 

utm.pps.local in DNS fine. 

AD Server is Server 2012 R2

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Does this help?

We've resolved this. Our domain controller is running Windows 2008R2 and had the default NTLM option set to only allow NTLMv2. We relaxed this to accept NTLMv1 and the domain join worked.

https://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/web-protection-web-filtering-application-visibility-control/52244-utm-9-2-unable-join-ad-domain.html

As for whether we support AD2012r2 or not - we do.  Or at least, all QA tests shows it works.

Probably not related, but we've heard about possible problems with SID compression in AD2012 but been unable to replicate in our systems.

I am not an AD guy.  I know little more than turning it on in default config.  So with the hundreds of different AD configs possible, I get a little lost.  That being said, if anyone is having trouble with AD2012 or has it working, feel free to share your experiences.  Just use simple words.  [:)]
  • Does this help?

We've resolved this. Our domain controller is running Windows 2008R2 and had the default NTLM option set to only allow NTLMv2. We relaxed this to accept NTLMv1 and the domain join worked.

https://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/web-protection-web-filtering-application-visibility-control/52244-utm-9-2-unable-join-ad-domain.html

As for whether we support AD2012r2 or not - we do.  Or at least, all QA tests shows it works.

Probably not related, but we've heard about possible problems with SID compression in AD2012 but been unable to replicate in our systems.

I am not an AD guy.  I know little more than turning it on in default config.  So with the hundreds of different AD configs possible, I get a little lost.  That being said, if anyone is having trouble with AD2012 or has it working, feel free to share your experiences.  Just use simple words.  [:)]
Children
  • Does this help?

G'day Michael,

I have run across that post while researching this issue. I usually don't fiddle with AD at all as I try and keeps things as close to default as possible. I am thinking about tweaking NTLM just to see if I can get this to work.

It's interesting that you say AD2012 is support and yet the various support guys I spoke to on the phone told me AD 2012 wasn't support. They practically told me I was on my own until an update came up that brought the support. 

Have you tested SSO extensively after joining the UTM's to the 2012r2 domain? My utm showed that it was "ON OUR DOMAIN" but after a week or two the SSO stopped working. I checked in the Signle Sign-On section of the UTM interface and it still stated it was "Joined to our domain". It was when I tried to re-join that I had issues.