This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Joining the domain failed.

Having an awful time trying to add the UTM to the domain. 

Running  9.106-17

Tried setting the DNS forwarders, ping finds domain and domain controller

AD Server added fine and working. 

Hostname is utm.pps.local 

SSO Page tried: 

Domain: utm.pps.local / UTM.PPS.LOCAL / UTM / PPS.LOCAL / pps.local

tried pre-adding the computer to the domain and tried pre-adding as pre-2000 computer. 

utm.pps.local in DNS fine. 

AD Server is Server 2012 R2

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Screenshot of NET ADS LOOKUP DC attached - returning all the details OK.

I don't have any clients where an AD Server is defined in the UTM, yet the UTM has not been joined to the domain.  I'm not aware of whether your command indicates anything other than the presence of a functioning DC.

I noticed above that your UTM has a hostname of utm.domain.local.  I always use an FQDN that can be resolved in public DNS to the public IP on the External interface.  When a UTM so named is joined to the internal domain, an entry for utm.domain.local is created in the DC's DNS.  I don't think this is causing you your issue, but I would recommend a factory reset, clearing all mention of your UTM from the DC and giving the UTM a "proper" name.  See "The Zeroeth Rule" in https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/51/t/22065.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Screenshot of NET ADS LOOKUP DC attached - returning all the details OK.

I don't have any clients where an AD Server is defined in the UTM, yet the UTM has not been joined to the domain.  I'm not aware of whether your command indicates anything other than the presence of a functioning DC.

I noticed above that your UTM has a hostname of utm.domain.local.  I always use an FQDN that can be resolved in public DNS to the public IP on the External interface.  When a UTM so named is joined to the internal domain, an entry for utm.domain.local is created in the DC's DNS.  I don't think this is causing you your issue, but I would recommend a factory reset, clearing all mention of your UTM from the DC and giving the UTM a "proper" name.  See "The Zeroeth Rule" in https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/51/t/22065.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data