This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Trunk Ports?

Hello There!

We are using a UTM425 Device and all ports are being used. We need to extend thge bandwith on some networks/VLANs and so this question comes up:

How can I trunk multiple ports to use it as a logical "bigger" line? Similar to HP switches and uplink ports in example.

Thank you in advance!
Uwe

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • GuyFawkes, are you saying that you would define the VLANs on the four ports of the HP switch, but you would not trunk them?

Uwe, if you have an unused eth#, why not preserve the existing Firewall/NAT/etc. setup?  If you don't have a spare Ethernet NIC, 
      Add a NIC of the same type as one of the exiting NICs.
    • Power up and move the existing Interface definitions to the new NIC as VLANs.
    • Create a LAG on the four original NICs.
    • Move the existing Interface definitions as VLANs onto the new LAG.
    • Remove the new NIC if desired.

I bet that will be faster and more reliable than reconfiguring a lot of things.  Can that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi BAlfson

Unfortunately I have no free NIC eth# any longer. I will use one DSL line interface to configure it for a 192.168.0.1 option to configure the UTM. Otherwise I would cut myself off during the configuration because there are just four NICs that I can and want to use for the link aggregation.

Also I no doubt about the LACP settings. In case the automatic trunk port configuration on the HP switch doesn't work I don't know what to do. Let's see.

Update: this seems helpful
  • Hi BAlfson

Unfortunately I have no free NIC eth# any longer. I will use one DSL line interface to configure it for a 192.168.0.1 option to configure the UTM. Otherwise I would cut myself off during the configuration because there are just four NICs that I can and want to use for the link aggregation.

Also I no doubt about the LACP settings. In case the automatic trunk port configuration on the HP switch doesn't work I don't know what to do. Let's see.

Update: this seems helpful
Children
No Data