This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Trunk Ports?

Hello There!

We are using a UTM425 Device and all ports are being used. We need to extend thge bandwith on some networks/VLANs and so this question comes up:

How can I trunk multiple ports to use it as a logical "bigger" line? Similar to HP switches and uplink ports in example.

Thank you in advance!
Uwe

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Uwe,

Use the 'Link Aggregation' tab in 'Interfaces'.  I think you canjust add one if you're using Standard Ethernet.  If you have VLANs, I think you need to Link the interfaces first and then put VLANs on it.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Oops, Mario posted after I opened the thread... thank goodness I gave the same answer as you did! [;)]

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  •  If you have VLANs, I think you need to Link the interfaces first and then put VLANs on it.

Right [:)]
    We have also tried to activate LACP on the HP switch, but after that, the link is immediately down. I think, that the HP LACP is a little different to the Sophos UTM LACP. Is this right?
    At the moment we use only LACP on the Sophos UTM and it is running perfect! So only the UTM controlls the LACP packets.

Nice greetings
  •  If you have VLANs, I think you need to Link the interfaces first and then put VLANs on it.

Right [:)]
    We have also tried to activate LACP on the HP switch, but after that, the link is immediately down. I think, that the HP LACP is a little different to the Sophos UTM LACP. Is this right?
    At the moment we use only LACP on the Sophos UTM and it is running perfect! So only the UTM controlls the LACP packets.

Nice greetings
Children
No Data