This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

local hosts-file being ignored by astaro

Hi,

I'm trying to use the hosts-file on my computer to temprorary setup another ip for a site that is under development. IE:

ip.ip.ip.ip  www.mysite.com

It seems like astaro is ignoring my settings and use the 'real' ip for the server.

The reason i think it's Astaro causing this, is that i've tried the same with a 3G modem connected to the computer, and it worked.

Any idea why this happens?

I'm using Astaro 7.402 with HTTP proxy (transparent).

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That's just the way things work if you're going through a proxy.  Try putting www.site.com in the transparent mode skip list; maybe your PC will resolve it from your hosts file before doing a DNS query, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Or, you could establish a standard of using test.site.com when a site is under development.  That would afford you added advantages.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • That's just the way things work if you're going through a proxy.  Try putting www.site.com in the transparent mode skip list; maybe your PC will resolve it from your hosts file before doing a DNS query, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Or, you could establish a standard of using test.site.com when a site is under development.  That would afford you added advantages.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data