This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Emule, Kazaa etc. not able to connect

Hi everyone, 
Does anybody know how to set up Astaro V4 to work with programms siuch as KazaaLite? I activated my Socks 5 server, but KazaaLite is not able to connect. There are some other programs that don´t work (emule for example). I think that Astaro blocks the ports of such programsms? Can anybody help me? Thanx for your answers!!!  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I use Emule at home. 
    Emule works with a Port (4662). Configure your astaro to accept the port and create also a DNAT rule for your Emule client. 
    that's it   [;)]

I think, Kazaa use also a incoming port, but i m not sure!

• Hi Ralph. Thanx for your message. 
    Could you (if it takes not too long) tell me how I can configure my astaro to accept the port and create also a DNAT rule. I use Astaro at home, too and I´m a  "beginner" so I do not really know how to do that! Thanx, Flo  
  • 1. Configure your Emule Client PC under the Definitions/Networks
    2. Add a new service (Emule - TCP - 4662)
    3. Go to Network/NAT.... and make a DNAT/SNAT rule from any to external (Service Emule) and change the destination address to your Emule PC
    this should work!
    Do not use kazaa for downloads, because there are a lot of viruses spread through this tool - emule is better  [:)]  
  • Sorry i forgot the rule in the packet filter!

from any to your emule PC - dervice emule (4662)

• He Ralph, 
    thanx for your very quick answer! I think I´ll try it tomorrow and let you know what happened  [:)]
    Thanx, Flo